Folder2List is a program for quickly and easily displaying a list of files and folders. Select data to display from a variety of properties and format the data with various settings. The software supports metadata such as EXIF, IPTC, ID3, video attributes, can work with documents. This allows you to intelligently list, for example, information about your MP3 files or photos. The program offers many options for individual adaptation of the appearance of the lists. With a few simple clicks, you can customize the font, background color, frames, and so on. You can save these settings as a profile and then return to them, or you can select ready profiles. Generated folders or file lists can be printed and exported in various formats (XLS, Excel-XML, PDF, HTML, CSV and TXT).
When creating lists of data, you can use such parameters as size, creation date, file extensions. In addition, you can use different metadata contained in the files. This feature allows you to create for example MP3 lists that store information about artists, album and genre. With the help of Folder2List you can easily print the contents of the folder. Or you can save the contents of the directory as a text file, a CSV file, and others as needed for further processing of the extracted information. You should also write about advanced filtering and sorting functions, they can be applied to many properties (for example, file extensions, image size and creation date).
Use numerous properties of folders and files
When generating the data lists you can use properties like size, date of creation, file extensions. In addition, a lot of the metadata contained in files can be used. This feature enables you to create, for example, MP3 lists that contain artist, album, and genre.
File list columns
- General data (name, path, file type, creation date, modification date, file size).
- Exif data (taken date, camera manufacturer, camera model, photographer, description, commentary, image width/height, horizontal/vertical resolution, flash use).
- Image data (width/height, horizontal/vertical resolution, bit depth).
- IPTC data (country, country code, state, city, location, title, photographer, description, provider, source).
- Audio data (artist, album, title, year, comment, track, genre, bit rate, duration).
- Video data (width, height, frame rate, standard, aspect ratio, audio codec, video codec, overall bitrate, video bitrate, audio bitrate, audio compression, duration, title).
- Document data (authors, title, subject, comments, tags, last saved by, revision number, template, content created, date last saved, last printed, program name, pages, words, characters) – supports XPS files, Word files, Excel files, PowerPoint files, OpenDocument files (e.g., Microsoft Office, OpenOffice or LibreOffice).
- With Folder2List you can easily print folder contents. Or you can save the directory contents as a text file, CSV file, etc. to further process the extracted information. For export, there are many formats available.
Select output type
- Output directory contents as text (save as TXT, CSV or HTML file)
- Export file list to Excel (save as XLS, Excel-XML or CSV file)
- Save file lists as PDF file
- Print directory and file lists
- Copy textual directory and file lists to clipboard
- Real-time preview for folder lists or file lists
Preview file list
Due to the real-time preview the effects of all settings (such as changes of the column width, font color, and frame color) are visible immediately.
Sort and filter files
The extensive filter and sort functions can be applied to many properties (such as file extensions, image size, and date of creation). By using filters you can include or exclude files and/or folders.
Also recommended to you War Robots