Microsoft Windows 10
Windows 10 is your partner in any business. Use the quick launch, familiar, but noticeably improved, the Start menu and new amazing features for working with different devices. You will also like the advanced features of the new system, for example an entirely new browser for easy Internet browsing. Fall Creators Update (also version 1709, also December 2017 Update) is a major update for the Windows 10 operating system, formerly known under the code name Redstone 3. Fall Creators Update was the fourth update package since the release of Windows 10 in the series in the summer 2015. The update develops the ideas embodied in the “creative” update and brings a number of new, rather curious functions and features to the operating system.
The move immediately to Windows 10 reflects the company’s desire to distance itself from the not-so-popular previous version. That’s why, as reported, the ninth version was missed: the transition from the eighth to the tenth call to introduce a huge step forward, toward targeting the Internet and mobile users.
Microsoft called Windows 10 “the most powerful platform in history.” Leader of the presentation of Microsoft vice president for operating systems Terry Meyerson said that Windows 10 will be installed on a wider range of devices of different types compared with previous versions. Among these devices, according to the presentation, now includes not only desktop PCs, laptops and tablets, but also smartphones and TVs.
The main features of Windows 10:
- Single Windows for all devices. Windows 10 will be installed on a wider range of devices compared to previous versions of OC. These devices include not only personal computers, laptops, tablets, but also smartphones, televisions, various boards and industrial devices used for Internet of Things scenarios. The new OC will also be a single platform for application development and a single channel for delivering applications through the Store.
- Improved user interface. The interface of the operating system, on the one hand, remained familiar, on the other hand, it acquired several new useful features.
- Start Menu. Opens by clicking on the logo in the lower left corner of the desktop. The left column of the menu contains shortcuts to the last running applications, in the right – tiles of universal applications. The menu also contains power management buttons and an updated search function for searching not only on the local system, but also on the Internet.
- Universal application windows. Now both classic applications for the desktop and new universal applications are launched in their own window on the desktop.
- Improved Snap function. Working in several applications immediately became easier and more convenient. Now the function Snap allows you to open up to 4 applications on the screen at a time, and Windows tells you what other applications are running and how they can be placed. Windows 10 will help you make better use of the unallocated screen space for other applications.
- A lot of desktops. A user can create multiple desktops and place application windows on them. You can display all the created tables on the screen and switch between them.
- Multitasking. A new Task View button appeared on the taskbar. When you click on it, all the running applications appear on the screen in a reduced form.
- Special attention to corporate users and data. When creating Windows 10, special attention was paid to corporate users. The new OS will be compatible with all the traditional management systems that organizations use. The operating system contains new capabilities for sharing work and personal data on all types of devices, which will allow the implementation of the concept of BYOD in organizations.
The most interesting innovations in the version of Creators Update:
- Paint 3D. Most likely, you are familiar with the standard Windows program for creating simple raster drawings – Paint. So far, it has changed only slightly, but now we are promised a really new product. The main new feature is the ability to work with three-dimensional models, and not just with “flat” drawings. No less important, the editor is still simple and straightforward to manage, so you do not need to be a professional 3D artist.
- Autolock the computer when you move away from it. Microsoft is giving more and more attention to the security of your account. With the advent of Windows 8, it became necessary to enter the password each time the computer (laptop, tablet) was turned on, and not so long ago the Windows Hello system appeared, which, if your device has a special infrared camera, unlocks your account when you see your face. But how else can I do this so that the device is also blocked when you are not around? On the timer – not rational, because it will work later or earlier than necessary. Windows Creators Update provides an excellent tool for this. Now the computer can be taught to lock when there is not your smartphone near – it works via Bluetooth. You no longer have to wonder if you pressed Win + L or left the computer unprotected from other people’s eyes and fingers.
- Built-in service for streaming Beam. Sometimes it’s better late than never. The emergence of interest in Microsoft’s streaming services, we will be honest, missed. But this does not prevent the corporation from trying to catch up after years. To do this, with the update in Windows 10 will be able to stream games through the integrated Beam service, which the company from Redmond acquired in the middle of last year. The same service will be available in the soonest update of the Xbox One.
- Game Mode. Another good news for gamers – a special game mode. In it you will not be distracted from what is happening on the screen completely nothing. Antiviruses, instant messengers and others will sit silently, while you will concentrate to win over virtual enemies. And Windows itself will optimize the tasks so that the game gets the highest priority and, accordingly, maximum access to the resources of the computer.
- Picture-in-picture. If streaming entered our life relatively recently, we’ve heard about the Picture-in-Picture function since time immemorial – it was still on CRT TVs. And, finally, it appeared in Windows. Now, if you feel the potential of Caesar, you can easily put a movie or series on the record, fix the window with the video player “Movies and TV” on top of the others and do other things. Until now, you could only secure windows by using third-party applications.
- New privacy settings. The emergence of Windows 10 has generated several scandals around how Microsoft handles your personal data. The media reports that the operating system is sending absolutely everything you type on the keyboard to the Microsoft server, few could leave it quiet. Part of all sorts of “spyware” settings could be turned off without picking the registry, but deactivating the rest was already more difficult. In the Creators Update, you can control what data you want to share with Microsoft, and which ones you prefer to keep secret.
- Night mode. This mode is useful to those who work at the computer just before sleep. You may have heard that the blue color of electronic device displays, if used before bedtime, can lead to insomnia. In some smartphones, you can independently adjust the white balance in order to make the image more yellow. Now such a function called Night Light will appear in Windows 10. And it can be configured to turn on at a certain time of day.
Modification of the installer:
- The build is based on the Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC distributions published on MSDN on March 15th, 2019.
- At the earliest stage of the installation, there is a pre-boot menu where you can select the primary shell size, i.e. which installer to use, 32-bit or 64-bit. Thanks to this, you don’t have to worry that the 64-bit version of the operating system may not be able to stand on the RAID and that its users may find themselves without the system recovery service.
- The folder \sources\sxs has been removed from the installation media because the packages it contained are pre-installed in the OS.
- The Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (MSDaRT) 10 module is integrated into the system recovery service launched from the installation media, which greatly enhances the system resuscitation capabilities.
- Fixed a feature of the Windows 10 installer, because of which there was no choice of the installer’s interface language in the multi-language build, when starting the installation from under an existing system. In this build, such a choice is provided.
- The system is put at once with Russian and English language packages. The language selection during the installation affects only which of the languages will be the main one. So when the installation is finished, you can easily change the interface language by standard OS means without downloading additional files.
- Due to the fact that the build is a combined x86-x64 distribution, and even having on board more than one language, a number of standard options for installing the system for this build is not available. The following installation options are possible: from the installation media both from the bootable device in Legacy BIOS mode for both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems; from the installation media both from the bootable device in EFI/UEFI mode only for 64-bit operating systems; from under the existing system in the format of Custom installation in Legacy BIOS mode both for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. For the last variant, to initiate the installation from under the 64-bit OS, you should start it not through setup.exe in the root of the medium with the distribution, but through setup.exe, which is located in the sources folder of the distribution. Autorun of the installation media? When starting from under an existing OS, it will choose the right type of start itself.
- The system is edited with the Ratiborus W10 Digital Activation Program + KMS38 version 1.3.7. The activator body is removed from the computer at the end of activation.
- Made minor improvements to the installer interface, correcting the mistakes of Microsoft programmers.
- Updates to KB4465065-v3, KB4503308, KB4506998 and KB4507469 have been installed, updating the OS version to the build date.
- The .NET Framework 3.5 package is installed.
- DirectX 9.0c package installed.
- Installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005-2008-2010-2012-2013-2019 Redistributable Package Hybrid (installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2019 Redistributable Package of the latest versions. In order to avoid duplicate installation by different applications of earlier versions and to redirect the programs that need these library packages to the latest versions, the installation of outdated versions is blocked by plugs).
- The StartIsBack+++ 2.8.6 application is installed (adds the classic Start menu).
- Installed 8GadgetPack 29.0, (adds the ability to use desktop gadgets).
- UltraUXThemePatcher 3.6.1 application is installed (adds the possibility of installing third-party Windows themes).
- Added O&O application ShutUp10 1.6.1402, (adds the ability to switch hidden Windows 10 settings. Label “O&O ShutUp10” is available in the “Start” menu).
- Libraries necessary for decoding Dolby Digital (AC-3) files are integrated.
- The Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (MSDaRT) 10 module is integrated into the system recovery service, which significantly extends the system resuscitation capabilities.
Additional tweets involved:
- The background of the window headers has been changed. It is blue in the active window and pale blue in the inactive window.
- Vertical scroll bars, which were opened only by hovering the cursor, are now constantly wide.
- When you launch Explorer, “This computer” opens, not “Quick access”.
- Video, Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Music, Volume objects, Desktop are hidden in the “This Computer” menu.
- Frequently used folders are blocked in the menu and Quick Access panel in Explorer.
- In the context menu of folders and discs (with Shift key pressed) added the “Open command window” item.
- Added “Copy to folder…” and “Move to folder…” to the context menu of files and folders.
- Added the “Device Manager” item to the “This computer” context menu.
- Added the “Control Panel” item to the “Start” context menu.
- In the context menu “Start” the item Powershell is replaced by the command line.
- The Search icon is hidden on the Taskbar.
- Added to the system date, which is also displayed on the Taskbar
Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Home Single Language / Education / Pro 10.0.18362.239 Version 1903 x86 English
Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Home Single Language / Education / Pro 10.0.18362.239 Version 1903 x64 English
Microsoft Windows 10 Education / Pro / Pro Education / Pro Workstation / Enterprise 10.0.18362.239 Version 1903 x86 English
Microsoft Windows 10 Education / Pro / Pro Education / Pro Workstation / Enterprise 10.0.18362.239 Version 1903 x64 English
Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC OptimaMod 10.0.17763.615 Version 1809 (x86-x64) English