VMware Workstation Pro
VMware Workstation Pro
VMware Workstation Pro is the industry standard for running multiple operating systems as virtual machines (VMs) on a single Linux or Windows PC. IT professionals, developers and businesses who build, test or demo software for any device, platform or cloud rely on Workstation Pro.
Run Multiple OSs on a Single PC
VMware Workstation Pro allows you to run multiple operating systems at once on the same Windows or Linux PC. Create real Linux and Windows VMs and other desktop, server, and tablet environments, complete with configurable virtual networking and network condition simulation, for use in code development, solution architecting, application testing, product demonstrations and more.
Develop and Test for Any Platform
Workstation Pro supports hundreds of operating systems and works with cloud and container technologies like Docker.
Connect to VMware vSphere
Securely connect with vSphere, ESXi or other Workstation servers to launch, control and manage both virtual machines (VMs) and physical hosts. A common VMware hypervisor maximizes productivity and enables easy transfer of VMs to and from your local PC.
Secure and Isolate Environments
Run a secure second desktop with different privacy settings, tools and networking configurations, or use forensic tools to investigate OS vulnerabilities. Workstation provides one of the most secure hypervisors in the industry and delivers powerful features for IT security professionals.
Use Workstation Pro to connect to vSphere, ESXi or other Workstation Pro servers. Drive remote Linux or Windows VMs (and others), command power operations, or transfer VMs to and from vSphere environments. A common VMware hypervisor enables simple portability.
Clones for Rapid Duplication
Save time and effort and ensure an exact duplicate when repeatedly creating the same VM setup. Use “Linked Clones” to quickly duplicate a VM while significantly reducing physical disk space. Use “Full Clones” to create fully isolated duplicates that can be shared with others.
Create a rollback point to revert to on the fly, which is perfect for testing unknown software or creating customer demos. Multiple snapshots make it easy to test a variety of different scenarios without the need to install multiple operating systems.
Powerful Virtual Networking
Create complex IPv4 or IPv6 virtual networks for VMs, or integrate with third-party software to design full data center topologies using real-world routing software and tools. New in Workstation is Network Simulation for introducing packet loss, latency and bandwidth restrictions.
High-Performance 3D Graphics
VMware Workstation Pro supports DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3, to deliver a fluid and responsive experience when running 3D applications. You can run the most highly demanding 3D apps like AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS with near-native performance in a Windows VM.
High Resolution Display Support
Workstation Pro is optimized to support high-resolution 4K UHD (3840×2160) displays for desktops and QHD+ (3200×1800) displays used in laptops and x86 tablets. It also supports multiple monitors with different DPI settings, such as a new 4K UHD display along with an existing 1080p HD display.
Create Linux or Windows VMs that can run across the VMware product portfolio or create restricted VMs for use in Horizon FLEX. We even support the open standard so you can create and play VMs from other vendors.
Monster Virtual Machines
Create massive VMs with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and 64 GB of memory to run the most demanding desktop and server applications in a virtualized environment. Give graphics-intensive apps an additional boost by allocating up to 2GB of available host video memory to a VM.
Restricted Access to Virtual Machines
Protect corporate content by restricting access to Workstation VM settings like drag-and-drop, copy-and-paste and connections to USB devices. Virtual machines can be encrypted and password-protected to ensure only authorized users have access.
Shared Virtual Machines
Quickly share and test applications in a simulated production environment. Run VMware Workstation Pro as a server to share a repository of pre-loaded Linux and Windows VMs in every desired configuration with your teammates, department or organization.
Systems using Processors (CPUs) launched in 2011 or later are supported, except for the following:
- Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 Bonnell micro-architecture. For example, Atom Z670/Z650 and Atom N570.
- Systems using Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 Saltwell micro-architecture. For example, Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, and Atom N2800/N2600.
- Systems using AMD processors based on the Llano and Bobcat micro-architectures. For example, code-named Hondo, Ontario, Zacate, and Llano.
The following systems are also supported: Systems using Intel processors based on the 2010 Westmere micro-architecture. For example, Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, and Core i7-990.
The following support is new in Workstation 15 Pro:
- New Guest operating systems support
- Windows 10 1803
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Fedora 28
- RHEL 7.5
- CentOS 7.5
- Debian 9.5
- OpenSuse Leap 15.0
- FreeBSD 11.2
- ESXi 6.7
- DirectX 10.1
DirectX 10.1 is an incremental update over DirectX 10.0. It provides higher visual quality through the support of multi-sample anti-aliasing (MSAA). DirectX 10.1 also supports Shader Model 4.1 and Cubemap Array.
- Hardware version 16
- DirectX 10.1 support
- Graphics memory up to 3GB
- REST API
You can use Workstation RESTful API to automate common virtual machine tasks using standard JSON over HTTP or HTTPS. The following virtual machine operations are supported:
- Virtual machine inventory management
- Virtual machine power management
- Virtual machine clone
- Networking management
- High DPI support
High DPI related features require that the operating system of the host and virtual machine be Windows 10 version 1703 or later.
- Host level high DPI support – The Workstation interface auto detects the host level DPI change and auto adjusts the layout to meet the new DPI.
- Guest DPI synch with host – When there is a DPI change on the host side, the guest operating system adjusts its DPI to match the host DPI.
VMware Tools 10.3.2 is required for this feature.
- Hosts and Clusters view when you connect to vCenter
Workstation 15 Pro adds a new Hosts and Clusters view when you connect to remote vSphere. The inventory tree now shows a hierarchical arrangement of objects in two different views: Hosts and Clusters and VMs. You can easily toggle between these two views with a single click.This is a Windows host only feature.
- vSphere 6.7 support
Workstation 15 Pro provides seamless support for vSphere 6.7. You can connect to a remote ESXi 6.7 host or vCenter Server 6.7 from Workstation 15 Pro to manage the remote the virtual machines running on vSphere. You can also upload a local virtual machine to vSphere 6.7 or download a remote virtual machine running on vSphere 6.7 to the local desktop.You can also deploy a VMware VCSA 6.7 (vCenter Server Appliance) OVA package to run on Workstation 15 Pro.
- USB Auto connect to virtual machine
USB devices can automatically connect to a powered on virtual machine when you configure Workstation 15 Pro to remember the connection rule.This is a Windows host only feature.
- SSH login to Linux virtual machine
You can now access Linux virtual machines using SSH provided by Workstation 15 Pro.
This feature requires that the operating system of the host be Windows 10 version 1803 or later.
- Enhanced User Experience
- Stretch guest display
The stretch guest display feature is enabled for Linux guests and Windows guests earlier than Windows XP. You can use the Keep Aspect Ratio Stretch feature to stretch the virtual machine display while maintaining the user interface aspect ratio or you can use the Free Stretch feature to stretch the virtual machine display to fill the user interface.This is a Windows host only feature.
- Open virtual machine directory
You can now easily access the virtual machine directory from a Windows host by right-clicking the virtual machine in the Workstation Pro library and selecting Open VM directory.Linux Workstation Pro already supports this feature.
- Stretch guest display
- Linux host Wayland support
Workstation 15 Pro can now run on a Linux host Wayland desktop. To install Workstation Pro on a Wayland desktop, you must use terminal mode installation.
- Performance improvements for virtual NVMe storage
- Virtual machines that directly use a physical disk might display a black screenWhen a virtual machine directly uses a physical disk, after you power on the virtual machine, the virtual machine might display a black screen.
This issue is resolved.
- Virtual machine might crash and display an error when powered on if the parallel port is mapped to a physical parallel portWhen a virtual machine is using parallel port and the parallel port is mapped to host OS physical parallel port, after you power on the virtual machine, the virtual machine might crash with following error: VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0)
This issue is resolved.
- USB devices connected to a DELL Thunderbolt USB dock might not be able to connect to a virtual machineWhen you connect a USB device to a USB dock, such as DELL Thunderbolt, the USB device might not be able to connect to the virtual machine.
This issue is resolved
- USB devices connected to some 3.1 xHCI controllers are not available for passthrough on Windows hostsOn Windows hosts, USB devices connected to some USB 3.1 controllers are not listed when you select VM > Removable Devices. Therefore, the device cannot pass through to the virtual machine.
This issue is resolved.
- The Workstation Pro interface might crash when you use the Zoom utility on a Linux hostFor some Linux hosts, for example Ubuntu 18.04, when you use the Zoom utility, the Workstation Pro interface might crash.
This issue is resolved.
- Mouse-clicking functionality might stop working in a virtual machine when certain third-party software is installed on the hostWhen you install certain software, such as WizMouse, on the host, the mouse-clicking functionality might stop working in virtual machines.
- Power off the virtual machine.
- Add the following entry to the .vmx file of the virtual machine:
mks.win32.processWin32MouseInput = “TRUE”
- Power on the virtual machine.
- Interface – English or Russian (translation from loginvovchyk in edition of 27.09.2018). The interface of the VMware Workstation language, is selected at the beginning of the installation
- Does not require registration
- Includes only Tools-Windows (for other OS can be downloaded separately)
- The cached package for VMware Workstation in ?? \ Windows \ Installer has been reduced to 18.57 MB. For example, in the original, the cached packet is 481 MB
- A patch has been applied, which makes it possible to install Mac OS X (Tools-Mac OS X (darwin.iso and darwinPre15.iso) in the assembly is present). darwin.iso and darwinPre15.iso are copied to the folder:% ProgramFiles% \ VMware \ VMware Workstation
- Very important! Before running a virtual machine with Mac OS X, it is necessary in the virtual machine’s vmx file with Mac OS X, add the line: smc.version = “0”
- Added a key / FindDel, designed to solve the problem with the removal of VMware Workstation. When using the key, VMware Workstation is searched, and if VMware Workstation is detected in the system, you will be prompted to remove VMware Workstation
- VMware VIX \ *
- VMware Workstation \ messages \ *
- VMware Workstation \ EULA.jp.rtf
- VMware Workstation \ EULA.zh_CN.rtf
- VMware Workstation \ TPClntdeu.dll
- VMware Workstation \ TPClntjpn.dll
- VMware Workstation \ TPViewdeu.dll
- VMware Workstation \ TPViewjpn.dll
- VMware Workstation \ x64 \ vmware-vmx-debug.exe
- Installation keys:
/ S – installation of VMware Workstation in a quiet version with the English interface. The key is case-sensitive, and accordingly we use only / S, and not / s
If the wrong key was specified or not specified at all, then a normal installation with all dialogs and installation indication will occur.
/ S / Rus – installation of VMware Workstation in a quiet version with a Russian interface.
/ DisableTray – disables the display of the icon in the tray.
Also recommended to you Deskshare My Screen Recorder Pro
RePack – (250 Mb)
Lite – (166.9 Mb)