You can Download Conversationse for free
Conversations (Jabber XMPP) is a convenient, high-quality and functional messenger that will be appreciated by users who like to communicate with each other a lot and productively. The application supports images, allows group chats, does not require any registration or confirmation through accounts from other resources, has a very clear interface, integrates an address book, supports multiple accounts with one address and many, many more. This makes Conversations a really good choice among other programs in this category.
- Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy
- Rely on existing, well established protocols
- Do not require a Google Account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
- Require as little permissions as possible
- End-to-end encryption with either OMEMO, OTR or OpenPGP
- Sending and receiving images
- Intuitive UI that follows Android Design guidelines
- Pictures / Avatars for your Contacts
- Syncs with desktop client
- Conferences (with support for bookmarks)
- Address book integration
- Multiple Accounts / unified inbox
- Very low impact on battery life
Conversations makes it very easy to create an account on the conversations.im server. Using that server comes with an annual fee of 8 Euro after a 6 month trial period. However Conversations will work with any other XMPP server as well. A lot of XMPP servers are run by volunteers and are free of charge.
Conversations works with every XMPP server out there. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are standardized as well in so called XEP’s. Conversations supports a couple of those to make the overall user experience better. There is a chance that your current XMPP server does not support these extensions. Therefore to get the most out of Conversations you should consider either switching to an
XMPP server that does or – even better – run your own XMPP server for you and your friends.
These XEPs are – as of now:
- XEP-0065: SOCKS5 Bytestreams (or mod_proxy65). Will be used to transfer files if both parties are behind a firewall (NAT).
- XEP-0163: Personal Eventing Protocol for avatars
- XEP-0191: Blocking command lets you blacklist spammers or block contacts without removing them from your roster.
- XEP-0198: Stream Management allows XMPP to survive small network outages and changes of the underlying TCP connection.
- XEP-0280: Message Carbons which automatically syncs the messages you send to your desktop client and thus allows you to switch seamlessly from your mobile client to your desktop client and back within one conversation.
- XEP-0237: Roster Versioning mainly to save bandwidth on poor mobile connections
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management synchronize message history with the server. Catch up with messages that were sent while Conversations was offline.
- XEP-0352: Client State Indication lets the server know whether or not Conversations is in the background. Allows the server to save bandwidth by withholding unimportant packages.
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload allows you to share files in conferences and with offline contacts. Requires an additional component on your server.
How to Download and use the APK file to install Conversations
- Go to the security settings of the gadget.
- Check the box to enable the system to install mobile utilities from unknown sources.
- Download File from the link below
- Open the download folder in the File manager and find the distribution you are installing there.
- Next, run the installation procedure, and everything else the system will do automatically.
Also recommended to you War Robots