BlueHarvest is a utility that helps to automate in the background the process of deleting unnecessary files and folders, which are not so many, but Mac OS X creates them with enviable regularity, both on internal disks, and on network and pluggable flash drives.
This program will be useful for those who like the option of displaying hidden and system files enabled. BlueHarvest allows you to specify discs or folders where you do not want to create hidden and system files. (MS-DOS/FAT, ExFAT and NTFS support)
The list of such files/folders is just a few:
- ._AppleDouble – creates a Finder to store the settings for displaying specific folders
- .DS_Store – creates MacOS itself, to store advanced file attributes and additional resources on file systems that do not support it
- .Volumeicons.icns – temporary icon files that appear during the installation of programs
- Thubs.db (Windows) – files appearing on external/internal disks/partition with NTFS file system
- Keep it clean. Blue Harvest does more than remove existing files – it blocks new ones from being created.
- Easy interface. With BlueHarvest, a less cluttered Mac is only two clicks away.
- Instant access. Want to clean up a folder without launching BlueHarvest? Simply control-click.
Also recommended to you War Robots
Requirements: OS X 10.10 or later 64-bit