AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file. AdAway is a utility used to manage hostfile entries; your phone must be rooted to use this app. AdAway doesn’t directly block ads; it limits unwanted ads by blocking servers that distribute those ads to websites. Modifying hostfile entries is also useful in blocking ads on some Android apps.
- Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
- Internet access: To download hosts files
- Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
- Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
- Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
- New icons in the style of Galaxy Note 8 and Nougat
- Removed all languages except ru, en, uk
- Libraries left only for arm
- Fix host lists import,
- Fix default DNS requests when no log entry,
- Update translations from Transifex.
Mod – (1.9 Mb)